Sunday, August 30, 2009

After August


I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year.

I love the cool nights and sunny days. I love opening the windows and letting nature and the sounds of cars on the street and kids playing enter each room of the house. I love knowing football tailgating is right around the corner.

I hate that theses beautiful days mark the end of the summer. I hate that long days are becoming shorter and shorter. I hate kissing another summer good-bye.

This time of year always makes me feel a little panicky. Like I didn't take full advantage of my favorite season. I didn't have that picnic at My Old Kentucky Home. I didn't take Lizzie to play in the fountain at Tyler Park. I didn't read enough on the deck swing. We never had that summer party with bocce ball and grilled corn.

How come summer comes and goes so fast? I will have to take comfort in the few days we have left. Maybe I can swing a picnic with the family in Tyler Park? I will keep you posted.

Summer, I will miss you till next year.
(Summer Time Pleasures by Levi W. Prentice, this painting and other work can be found here)

1 comment:

  1. I always look forward to sping but in the UK it's more like fall as it always rains! then when we have 1 day of sun i feel guilty that i couldnt fit everything in on that one day!

    Missy
    For all things fashion:
    http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete