Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wharton, TX


"Joseph A. Hamilton purchased this home in 1885 from R. E. Vineyard and moved his family into the existing one-story frame house. In 1907 the home was enlarged by raising the original structure and building a new addition underneath. The home has been continuously occupied by five generations of Hamilton descendants.


Some of the exquisite features this home possesses are: arched front entrance with beveled glass detail, grand stairway with Victorian beveled glass windows in lattice style overlooking the second floor, two gas log fireplaces with intricate detail, fourteen foot ceilings, wood trim with unusual beading and forty three feet of glorious porch space both top and bottom. Over 1.6 acres with pecan, oak and fruit trees. Sense the past; see your future!!"


I love old homes, and I love projects. I have dreams of picking everything up one day and moving to a place I have never heard of before just for a beautiful house like the one above. I have no idea where Wharton, Texas is but I just might be willing to go. I could sit on that porch all weekend long watching Lizzie run around the yard... oh, dreams how they can change so quickly. I'll see how I feel about Wharton in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment